Business Development and Operations Executive
Start date - immediate, permanent
Salary scale £16,000 - £24,000
40 hours per week plus extra hours as required
Based in our head office in Edinburgh
Holidays 28 days per annum including public holidays
Reporting to Business Development Manager
This exciting and important role will involve the following duties.
- Quoting groups for tour companies
- Devising new and interesting itineraries
- Developing new products to offer to clients
- Operating groups during the season
- Contact existing and potential customers, identify their needs, persuade them that the company’s range of services can best satisfy those needs, close sales by agreeing profitable terms and conditions, and, finally, provide after-sales service.
- Keeping detailed records of all quotations, which can involve database maintenance.
- Attend company meetings, and briefings on a regular basis.
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in the marketplace.
- Ensure that operators receive a service that meets their expectations and that quotations for services are presented accurately and on time.
- Good knowledge of the UK and Ireland
- At least two years experience in a similar role
- Fluency in another European language ideally French or Spanish
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent written english and good telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- The candidate should be willing to put in extra hours if necessary to complete job.
- Driving licence an advantage but not essential
To apply please send an up to date CV to email@example.com
Please note we will only contact suitable candidates for an interview. If you do not hear back from us within 1 week assume your application was unsuccessful
For further information call: +44 (0)131 560 2850
39 Commercial Street, Edinburgh Mid Lothian, United kingdom EH6 6JD
Send an enquiry: :