Business Development Executive
- Start date - immediate
- Salary scale £18,000 - £24,000
- 42.5 hours per week
- Based in our head office in Edinburgh
- Holidays 28 days per annum including public holidays
- Reporting to General Manager
- Bonus based on performance (up to 10% of salary)
Cashel Travel is one of the leading tour operators in the UK and Ireland.
As part of our continued expansion we are looking to recruit a business development and operations executive. This exciting and important role will involve the following duties.
- Quoting groups for tour companies
- Devising new and interesting itineraries
- Developing new products to offer to clients
- Operating groups during the season
- Contact existing and potential customers, identify their needs, persuade them that the company’s range of services can best satisfy those needs, close sales by agreeing profitable terms and conditions, and, finally, provide after-sales service.
- Keeping detailed records of all quotations, which can involve database maintenance.
- Attend company meetings, and briefings on a regular basis.
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in the marketplace.
- Ensure that operators receive a service that meets their expectations and that quotations for services are presented accurately and on time.
- Good knowledge of the UK and Ireland
- At least two years experience in a similar role
- Fluency in another European language ideally French or Spanish
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent written english and good telephone manner
- Ability to work under pressure
To apply for this post please send a covering email and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org - Job posted on 31/08/2015